Are You Looking for a Personal Injury Attorney?

Are You Looking for a Personal Injury Attorney?

Disclaimer: The website may collect compensation for links, mentions and/or videos that are placed in the content.

Disclosure: All content is intended for general information purposes only. We are not professionals in any specialized field. Please consult an expert before making any decisions involving your health, finances, or general well being.

Do i need a personal injury lawyer

You had been planning for months. As soon as you found out that your son’s college wrestling team was going to compete in a meet within just two hours of your home, you began making very detailed plans. From reserving a block of hotel rooms so that your friends and family could stay together, to finding restaurants that could accommodate a group as large as 60, to designing and printing shirts to wear at the meet, you have been busy.
In all of your planning, however, the one thing that you did not prepare for was the carelessness of a semi-trick driver. You are more than thankful that no one was fatally hurt, but when that careless truck driver swerved into your lane during the last 30 minutes of the drive to the event, many of your plans became unnecessary. Your new list of weekend events includes ambulance rides, hospital visits, tow trucks, and rental cars. In fact, there was a time during the weekend when you feared that you would not even be able to attend the wrestling meet at all. Through the assistance of a truck accident attorney, however, you were able to put some of your concerns aside for the three hours when you were at the meet. The truck accident lawyer you had contacted, in fact, quickly seemed to have thought of nearly every detailed. You only wish that you would have been spending your energies following through you celebratory details, instead of listening to the details of the truck accident attorney.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Accidents happen. But when you realize that your accident was caused by the carelessness of another driver you may find yourself in the position of seeking the advice of a personal injury attorney. For instance, the fact that a person is injured in a drunk driving crash every two minutes is an indicator that somethings are not really an accident. They are, in reality the fault of someone else.
Consider the fact, for instance, that at any given daylight moment across America approximately 660,000 drivers are using their cell phones or another electronic device while driving, you can tell that many accidents are the result of someone else’s carelessness. Distracted driving in fact is a growing concern in America. From truck accident attorneys to personal injury lawyers, the legal system often attempts to hold individuals responsible for their carelessness.
And while accident victims may at first feel grateful that they were not hurt worse, reality soon sets in. Doctors bills, long hospital stays, physical therapy appointments, days off work, and the expense of pain medications can become overwhelming. Without the help of a truck accident attorney or other legal advisor, many families are left financially ruined. With legal advice, however, it is possible that you can predict your future needs and seek the financial resources for helping you meet those needs.
Legal records indicate that only 4% to 5% of personal injury cases in America ever go to trial. The rest, 95% to 96%, are settled pretrial. With the help of experienced legal counsel, for instance, you may find that getting the settlement that you want is easier then you may have expected. Instead of facing the possibility of greater fines and more penalties in a court room, many large trucking companies, for instants find it in their best interest to settle outside of the court room. And while this may seem like a simple solution, in reality it is actually quite complicated. With the help of a qualified lawyer or legal team, however, you might be able to accurately predict both your current and future expenses.
Consider some of these facts about traffic accidents and drivers:

  • 3,154 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in 2013.
  • 424,000 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in 2013.
  • 80 is the number of times the average drunk driver has driven drunk before the first arrest.
  • 300,000 people drive drunk every single day. Alarmingly, fewer than 4,000 are arrested.
  • 21,132 passenger vehicle occupants where killed in traffic crashes in the year 2013.
  • 2.05 million passenger vehicle occupants were injured in traffic crashes in the year 2013.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

RSS
Follow by Email
LinkedIn
Share