Pros and Cons of Utilizing Bail Bonds Agencies
When charged with a crime, a person is given a bail hearing before a judge. The amount of the bail bond varies by jurisdiction. A defendant charged with a non-violent offense could get a $500 jail bond, while felony crimes could get bail as high as $20,000. Bail bond companies help individuals charged with a criminal offense live outside jail while awaiting trial.
Bail can take any of these forms:
• Cash or check for the full bail amount
• Property worth the full amount of the bail
• A waiver of payment on condition that the defendant makes court appearances
Do you get your bond back? Bailing someone out can be costly. You won’t always have your cash returned. The bail out bail bonds premium is non-refundable. But if you paid cash bail to the court, you will have that money returned if the defendant makes all the court appearances. If the defendant gets arrested again when out on bail, you won’t get your bail money back.
If you pay bail are you free? Getting out of jail involves paying bail. But a defendant must complete the booking process before being released. Once it’s completed, the defendant can post the bail and get released.
For people caught up in the legal system, bail bond services can be a very important tool. If a defendant cannot afford to pay bail on their own, they can talk to the bail man about getting a bond. But what does a bonding company do? They essentially loan you the money to pay your bail and get out of jail. They then get that money back with interest after you appear in court and have your bail refunded.
A bail bondsman job description might seem like someone doing selfless work for the disadvantaged, but this isn’t always the case. Sometimes bail bond services are not honest and end up stealing money from their clients, causing them bigger problems on top of their existing legal troubles. So if you’re wondering how do bonding companies work, they rely on that interest money you pay to stay open and in business. So sometimes, they will technically be honest and legal but charge heavy interest. So if you have the time and means, look into a few different bail bondsmen before deciding who to use.
If you or someone you know has been arrested and awaiting trial to commence, they may have the option of being bailed out until a verdict is delivered. A judge will want to know why do you need bail in order to even start the process, so you will want to have an answer to the question “why do you need bail” before you even attempting to petition the court for bail. Utilizing bail bonds has advantages and disadvantages. It can be challenging to pick a bail bond company because there are so many bail bond services that are being offered. The points below are some pros and cons to utilizing bail bonds in the first place.
- Being able to leave jail. This is the most obvious advantage. No one wants to stay in custody or jail while their case in being considered. Even on bail you can continue to work and be with your family, otherwise you will be kept in jail waiting for your case. A bail bond agency must be employed and the entire quantity put up in order to get you out.
- The responsibility of coming up with the full bail amount is not up to you. Sometimes, the amount that bail is set is so high, your family will not be able to product that amount. Utilizing bail bonds agencies can help in securing loans or grants to be able to help.
- Once bail is posted and you leave the jail, you can feel safe, secure and at peace again. Being in jail makes people suspicious and edgy. The more you can be at home the better. This is a good answer to “why do you need bail?” Being surrounded by your loved one will boost your confidence to make the life changes necessary to show the courts you will not make the same mistake again.
- Whichever bonding agency posted the bail is ultimately responsible how you look in court. It’s easier on the family if this responsibility is not up to them. They are probably going through enough emotional and mental turmoil at the thoughts of ‘what if,’ that the less they have to handle, the better.
- Once something as drastic as an arrest takes place, it can make or break a family. If you are able to come home, it can strengthen the family ties and bonds as you work together to come up with a strategy to keep you with your loved ones and make sure that no one gets left behind in the process.
- If you have been wrongly arrested, staying in jail will still give others time to build a stigma and opinion against you. Posting bail will help others to see that you are not a risk or a criminal and the mistakes that have been made will soon be corrected. Although making bail has nothing to do with the outcome of your case, it will do something in the minds of the people around you. When someone doesn’t make bail, everyone assumes that there has to be a bad reason that they were not able to get out of jail until their case is heard.
- If you are not able to equipped to be able to make use of the best bail bonds company or agency, this could cause undue stress and make you and your family more distraught.
- Unfortunately not all bonds companies are honest and if you are not careful you could be scammed out of your money and end up paying the amount of bail but it not being posted and having to stay in jail anyway, sometimes even longer than necessary. If you do end up with an untrustworthy company, not only can you be swindled out of money but your family’s cash and efforts will go to waste which can cause a lack of hope- something that cannot be afforded in a situation like this, or at a time like this.
In conclusion, if you feel that posting bail is the way to go for you or your family and you have a true and honest answer to “why do you need bail?” then make sure you do the research into the company and find an agency that you can trust completely.