In a time when the nation continues to struggle with the safety of Americans, even in private places like churches, is should come as no surprise that more and more departments are looking at installing dash cams in police vehicles. From in car police video systems to police body camera features, finding a way to keep those who protect us safe is an important part of today’s time. Considering the installation of dash cams in police vehicles is an important part of taking control of the violence that seems to be all too frequent.
At times, it seems like every time that you turn on the television you are faced with another story of violence. One in a church. One in a school. One in the middle of a crowded city street. Finding the best way to make sure that the city you live in is safe for the patrons and the patrol members is an important goal for many communities. Consider some of these facts and figures about the safety of patrol officers and the dangers that they face on a daily basis:
- Studies from the year 2015 show that police officers wearing cameras were 25.2% more likely to consider the devices helpful during interactions with the public.
- A benefit of police body cameras is that everyone can see the evidence to prove that good decisions were made during arrests.
- Finding the best way to keep the community safe involves making sure that everyone is held accountable for the
- Estimates from the year 2000 indicate that only 3,400, which is 11%, of state police and highway patrol vehicles had in-car cameras. Today, however, it is estimated that nearly 72% of all state patrol vehicles utilize in-car video systems.
- The global dashboard camera market was valued at $ 1,458.2 million in the year 2013. That market is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 15.3% during the years from 2014 to 2020.
- Yearly budgets that include funds for dash cams in police vehicles are a step toward maing sure that more and more people are safe.
- Getting the most reliable equipment can help the police departments across the country make sure that they are not only safe, but held accountable as well.
- Estimates from a recent Pew Research Center survey, 50% of officers said that body cameras would make police more likely to act appropriately.
- A top rated body camera is able to make sure that you all of the officers on a force are held accountable.
- Real time video that is garnered from police body cameras can be helpful in court.
If you want to make sure that the police officers in your community have the SAFETY GEAR that will keep them safe when they are out protecting the city, it is important to make sure that the budgets are in place to purchase the needed body cameras and other technologies that are available.